- Population projections forecast significant growth in Birmingham’s population.
- The 2014-based projections forecast growth of 18.5% between 2014 and 2039, compared to the national average of 16.5%
- The number of older people is projected to increase by 48.9% between 2014 and 2039, compared to 59.2% in England.
- The expected rate of growth of children is 13.9%, compared to 10.7% in England.
Useful Links (opens in new window)
- Office for National Statistics (ONS) Population Projections
- Birmingham City Council Population in Birmingham