Edgbaston District and Wards
- In 2013, Edgbaston district’s population was 98,396 people; this represents 9% of Birmingham’s population. 85.8% of the district’s population are under 65 (Birmingham 87%, England 82%).
- 32.7% of Edgbaston’s population are in the most deprived 20% of areas in England.
- Life expectancy for Edgbaston district males was 78.3 years (Birmingham 77.1, England 79.5) and for females it was 82.9 years (Birmingham 81.9, England 83.1).
- During 2011/13 this district’s under 75 death rate was 12% higher than the rate for England (Birmingham was 23% higher than England).
- Infant mortality is an area of concern: the district rate was 7.3 deaths per 1,000 live births during 2011/13; this compares to 4.0 nationally and 7.4 for Birmingham.
- The 2011 census showed that 31.3% of the district's population is made up of BME groups (42.1% Birmingham, 15% England).
View and print the full profile for Edgbaston District
Edgbaston District consists of four wards. Click on the links to view local health profiles for each ward:
Return to main Districts and Wards page