Hodge Hill District and Wards
- In 2013 the estimated population was 124,959; this represents 11.3% of Birmingham’s population. 89.7% of the district’s population are estimated to be below 65 (87% Birmingham, 82% England).
- 90.4% of Hodge Hill’s population fall within the most deprived 20% of areas in England.
- Life expectancy for Hodge Hill district males was 75.2 years (Birmingham 77.6, England 79.4) and females were 4.9 higher at 80.1 years (Birmingham 82.2, England 83.1).
- During 2011/13 Hodge Hill district’s under 75 death rate was 48.4% higher than the rate for England (Birmingham was 23% higher than England).
- Infant Mortality is one area of concern: the district rate was 10.3 per 1,000 live births in 2011/13, this compares to an England rate of 4.0 and a Birmingham rate of 7.4.
- The 2011 census showed that 64.3% of the Hodge Hill’s district population is made up of BME groups (42.1% Birmingham, 15% England).
View and print the full profile for Hodge Hill District
Hodge Hill District consists of four wards. Click on the links to view local health profiles for each ward:
Return to main Districts and Wards page