Northfield District and Wards
- In 2013 the population of Northfield district was 102,402 people; this represents 9.5% of Birmingham’s population. 84.2% of the district’s population are estimated to be below 65 (87% Birmingham, 82% England).
- 51.1% of Northfield’s population fall within the most deprived 20% of areas in England.
- Life expectancy for Northfield district males was 77.6 years (Birmingham 77.6, England 79.4) and females were 5.2 higher at 82.8 years (Birmingham 82.2, England 83.1).
- During 2011/13 Northfield district’s under 75 death rate was 25.6% higher than the rate for England (Birmingham was 23% higher than England).
- Infant mortality is one area of concern: the district rate was 6.2 per 1,000 live births in 2011/13, which whilst lower than the Birmingham average of 7.4 is still higher than the England rate of 4.0 .
- The 2011 census showed that 14.2% of the Northfield district population is made up of BME groups (42.1% Birmingham, 15% England).
View and print the full profile for Northfield District
Northfield District consists of four wards. Click on the links to view local health profiles for each ward: