Sutton Coldfield District and Wards
- In 2013 the estimated population of Sutton Coldfield district was 94,679 people; this represents 8.9% of Birmingham’s population. 78.8% of the district’s population are under 65 (87% Birmingham, 82% England).
- 1.8% of Sutton Coldfield’s population fall within the most deprived 20% of areas in England.
- Life expectancy for Sutton Coldfield district males was 81.9 years (Birmingham 77.6, England 79.4) and females were 3.6 higher at 85.5 years (Birmingham 82.2, England 83.1).
- During 2011/13 Sutton Coldfield district’s under 75 death rate was 22% lower than the rate for England (Birmingham was 23% higher than England).
- Unlike all other districts, infant mortality is lower than the national rate at 1.8 per 1,000 live births during 2011/13; this compares to 4.0 nationally and 7.4 for Birmingham
- The 2011 census showed that 11.3% of the district’s population is made up of BME groups (42.1% Birmingham, 15% England).
Click to view and print full profile for Sutton Coldfield District
Sutton Coldfield District consists of four wards. Click on the links to view local health profiles for each ward:
Return to main Districts and Wards page