Yardley District and Wards
- In 2013 the estimated population of Yardley district was 109,221 people; this represents 9.9% of Birmingham’s population. 86.2% of the district’s population are under 65 (87% Birmingham, 82% England).
- 65.4% of Yardley’s population fall within the most deprived 20% of areas in England.
- Life expectancy for Yardley district males was 77.2 years (Birmingham 77.6, England 79.4) and females were 3.8 higher at 81.0 years (Birmingham 82.2, England 83.1).
- During 2011/13 Yardley district’s under 75 death rate was 32.9% higher than the rate for England (Birmingham was 23% higher than England).
- Infant mortality is one area of concern: the district rate was 6.5 per 1,000 live births during 2011/13; this compares to 4.0 nationally and 7.4 for Birmingham.
- The 2011 census showed that 34.4% of the district's population is made up of from BME groups (42.1% Birmingham, 15% England).
Click to view and print full profile for Yardley District
Yardley District consists of four wards. Click on the links to view local health profiles for each ward:
Return to main Districts and Wards page